To be eligible for admission to the minor molecular biology program, students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and must have completed 8 credits in biological science courses (with hands-on labs) and 8 credits in chemistry courses (with hands-on labs). Students must also meet essential function requirements. Biological science and chemistry courses may be part of the students program of study but must be completed with a grade of C or above prior to taking the upper-level courses within the minor.
In addition, the following is required prior to clinical rotations (molecular practicum):
- Confirmation of essential functions
- Immunization records, including PPD (dated within the past 12 months) and evidence of hepatitis B, MMR, varicella, diphtheria, polio, and tetanus vaccinations
- Current physical examination
- Copy of health insurance
- Copy of criminal background check
- Copy of drug screening test
The following requirements must be fulfilled: 24 credits in required courses.
|MLS 4158||Laboratory Management and Operations|
|MLS 4170||Introduction to Molecular Biology|
|MLS 4171||Human Genetics|
|MLS 4172||Molecular Diagnostics Capstone|
|MLS 4217||Molecular Techniques|
|MLS 4242||Applications of Molecular Testing|
|MLS 4266||Molecular Diagnostics Practicum|