All Health Services Administration Specialist degree candidates complete 30 graduate credits of approved coursework.
- 30 graduate credits are required. The Specialist has one required course: HSML 6270 Research in Health Services Administration (Independent Study). All other courses are chosen in consultation with the program director.
- The program director must pre-approve all course selections and sequencing by developing a “program of study” with the student prior to initial registration. Specialist candidates must meet with the program director each semester before registration; all changes to the program of study must be approved.
- The program director may approve up to 8 graduate credits that have not been applied to a previous graduate degree as transfer credit into the Specialist degree program. Course(s) must be relevant to the Specialist degree; credit must have been earned from an accredited institution within the past three years with a grade of B or above.
- Grade Point Requirement: A 3.0 (B average) overall grade-point average, or above is required.
- Time Limit Requirement: The degree must be completed within four years.
|HSML 6270||Research in Health Services Administration|
|HSML courses that may be taken for the specialist:|
|HSML 6202||Introduction to Health Services Delivery|
|HSML 6203||Introduction to Health Management|
|HSML 6204||Quality and Performance Improvement|
|HSML 6206||Quanitative Methods and Epidemiology in Health Services|
|HSML 6207||Health Services Information Applications|
|HSML 6208||Medical Informatics|
|HSML 6209||Health Services Finance|
|HSML 6210||Health Services Financial Applications|
|HSML 6211||Health Economics|
|HSML 6212||Community Health Management and Advocacy|
|HSML 6213||Health Services, Marketing, and Planning|
|HSML 6215||Health Law for Managers|
|HSML 6216||Human Resources Management and Organizational Behavior|
|HSML 6218||Seminar: Health Services Management and Leadership|
|HSML 6231||Management of Acute Care Hospitals|
|HSML 6236||Post-Acute Care Management and Leadership|
|HSML 6237||Managing the Skilled Nursing Facility|
|HSML 6238||Ambulatory Care Management|
|HSML 6244||Supply Chain Management in Health Services|
|HSML 6245||Disaster Management for Health Care Organizations|
|HSML 6246||Service Line and Project Management|
|HSML 6247||Consulting in Health Care|
|HSML 6285||Readings in Health Services Management|
|HSML 6286||Readings in Health Services Management|
|HSML 6299||Topics in HSML|