To be eligible for this minor, students must have at least a 2.5 GPA and must have completed 8 credits of biology (with hands-on labs) and 4 credits of microbiology (with hands on lab). Students must also meet essential function requirements. The biology and microbiology courses may be part of the students program of study but must be completed with a C or higher prior to taking the upper level courses within the minor.
Prior to Clinical Rotations (e.g. Clinical Microbiology Practicum):
- Confirmation of Essential Functions
- Immunization records, including PPD (within the past 12 months) and evidence of Hepatitis B, MMR, Varicella, Diphtheria, Polio and Tetanus vaccination
- Current physical examination
- Copy of health insurance
- Copy of criminal background check
- Copy of drug screening test
the following requirements must be fulfilled: 20 credits in required courses.
|MLS 4116||Clinical Bacteriology I|
|MLS 4117||Clinical Bacteriology II|
|MLS 4119||Parasitology, Mycology, and Virology|
|MLS 4141||Immunology and Serology|
|MLS 4151||Molecular Diagnostics|
|MLS 4158||Laboratory Management and Operations|
|MLS 4164||Clinical Microbiology Practicum|