Master of Science in Health Sciences in the Field of Clinical Research Administration
The master of science in health sciences in the field of clinical research administration is designed to prepare health sciences professionals to participate in the science and business of the development process. Our rigorous curriculum focuses on regulatory requirements, ethical issues, processes for product development, the business of clinical research and scientific method processes. The distance education format, offered online, provides a convenient option for self-disciplined and self-directed students to pursue the program and prepare for professional advancement while maintaining their work and other commitments.
Upon completion of the graduate CRA program, the Program Student Learning Outcomes are:
- Apply effective leadership and management practices to effectively lead and/or manage inter-disciplinary teams/projects by applying critical thinking and problem solving skill sets
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of the clinical, regulatory and business requirements in the planning and conduct of a clinical trial.
- Demonstrate research design principles through integrating scientific, medical, regulatory and commercial requirements and creating clinical development plan sections that provide for benefit to risk assessments in the development of a new investigational product.
- Discuss the importance of assuring data integrity in a clinical trial and in the preparation of various clinical/regulatory documents.
- Formulate strategies to address ethical and cultural considerations for effective and compliant domestic or international clinical trial conduct, in relation to key areas such as human subjects’ protection, subject recruitment/retention, data integrity and risk assessment.
Specific admission requirements are shown on the Graduate Program Finder.
Visit the program website for additional program information.
The MSHS in the field of clinical research administration (CRA) requires successful completion of 36 credits, including: 18 credits in clinical research administsration, 9 credits of strategic leadership courses, 6 credits of graduate research coursework, and a 3-credit elective course.
|Clinical research administration courses|
|CRA 6201||Critical Analysis Clinical Research|
|CRA 6202||Medicines Development|
|CRA 6203||Partnerships with Human Subjects|
|CRA 6204||The Clinical Research Industry|
|CRA 6209||Quality and Risk Management|
|CRA 6275||Leadership and Change in Clinical Research Administration|
|Strategic leadership courses|
|HSCI 6223||Topics in Health Care Leadership|
|HSCI 6240||Issues and Trends in the Health Care System|
|HSCI 6241||The Health Care Enterprise|
|Graduate research courses|
|HSCI 6263||Biostatistics Translational Research|
|HSCI 6264||Epidemiology Translational Research|
|One of the following|
|CRA 6208||International Clinical Research|
|CRA 6211||Monitoring, Auditing, and Oversight in Clinical Research|