Master of Public Health in the Field of Global Environmental Health
Program Director Susan Anenberg
Practicum Director S. McCormick
The Mission of the Global Environmental Health MPH program – a joint program between the Departments of Global Health and Environmental and Occupational Health – is to prepare professionals to address environmental health risks of global importance, including issues of broad global scale (e.g. affecting public health across national boundaries), as well as traditional public health hazards in resource poor settings.
Visit the program website for additional information.
|PUBH 6001||Biological Concepts in Public Health|
|PUBH 6002||Biostatistical Applications for Public Health|
|PUBH 6003||Principles and Practices of Epidemiology|
|PUBH 6004||Environmental and Occupational Health in a Sustainable World|
|PUBH 6006||Management and Policy Approaches to Public Health|
|PUBH 6007||Social and Behavioral Approaches to Public Health|
|Program-specific: environmental and occupational health|
|PUBH 6121||Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology|
|PUBH 6126||Assessment and Control of Environmental Hazards|
|PUBH 6128||Global Environmental and Occupational Health|
|PUBH 6131||Applied Data Analysis in Environmental and Occupational Health|
|Program-specific: global health|
|PUBH 6400||Global Health Frameworks|
|PUBH 6411||Global Health Qualitative Research Methods|
|PUBH 6435||Global Health Program Development and Implementation|
|9 credits from the following sample list or any PUBH graduate level course:|
|PUBH 6123||Toxicology: Applications for Public Health Policy|
|PUBH 6127||Germs: An Introduction to Environmental Health Microbiology|
|PUBH 6130||Sustainable Energy and the Environment|
|PUBH 6132||Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) in Low-Income Countries|
|PUBH 6133||Social Dimensions in Climate Change and Health|
|PUBH 6262||Introduction to Geographic Information Systems|
|PUBH 6271||Disaster Epidemiology|
|PUBH 6437||Global Health Program Evaluation|
|PUBH 6441||Global Health Organizations and Regulations|
|PUBH 6015||Culminating Experience|
& PUBH 6138
|Environmental and Occupational Health Culminating Experience I|
and Environmental and Occupational Health Culminating Experience II
- Graduate credit requirement: 45 graduate credits.
- Course requirements: Successful completion of core and program-specific courses.
- Minimum grade-point requirement: 3.0 (B average) overall grade-point average.
- Time limit requirement: The degree must be completed within four years.
- Transfer credit policy: Up to 12 graduate credits that have not been applied to a previous graduate degree may be transferred to the Master of Public Health program. External credits must have been earned from an accredited institution in the last three years with a minimum grade (or grade-point average) of B (3.0) or above. SPH graduate certificate students can transfer as many credits as meet program requirements—up to 18 credits—to the MPH degree. Graduate certificate students wishing to transfer to a degree program may apply to do so via the online change of concentration petition after completion of three or more courses and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. A grade of B or above is required for a course to be eligible for transfer.