The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Sep 30, 2016 by Catherine Golden (cagw)
THS 8203 : Bioethical Implications of Health Research
Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:06:11 GMT
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 02:49:22 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Translational Health Sciences (THS)
Programs referencing this course
THS-PHD: Translational Health Sciences
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Clinical Research and Leadership (CRL)
Long Course Title
Bioethical Implications of Health Research
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the PhD in translational health sciences degree program in good standing or with instructor's permission
Repeatable for Credit?
Shawneequa Callier, JD
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
MLS 6244 - Research Ethics and Integrity
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Role of ethics theories and bioethics principles in health research.
As a result of the course, the learner will be able to:
1. Analyze ethical theory, principles of bioethics, and moral considerations inherent to scientific research
2. Evaluate ethical, political, social, and legal issues associated with research
3. Assess factors underlying the informed consent process
4. Recommend appropriate forms of human protections
5. Analyze the unique ethical issues raised by genomic research, bioinformatics and medical informatics
6. Assess case studies related to ethical behaviors in science and research
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
THS 8203 Bioethical revised for CC.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
This course offers a unique translational health science perspective on human subjects research in health.
Course Reviewer Comments
Wed, 15 Jul 2015 23:24:36 GMT
Added course restriction.
Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:03:54 GMT
Rollback: For syllabus review per Catherine Golden's request.