The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
May 20, 2015 by Carol Sigelman (carol)
PSYC 4201W : Research Lab in Clinical/Community Psychology
Wed, 20 May 2015 08:34:39 GMT
Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:34:39 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Programs referencing this course
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
Long Course Title
Research Lab in Clinical/Community Psychology
Short Course Title
Clinical/Community Res Lab
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
PSYC 1001 and PSYC 2101 and PSYC 2011 or PSYC 2012 or PSYC 2013
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Computer lab maintenance and instructional materials.
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
A capstone course focused on the study of clniical/community psychology in which students examine previous research, design and carry out research projects, and write psychological research reports.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Analyze, evaluate, and compare primary research articles on the development, treatment, and prevention of stress reactivity or reactions
• Summarize and present the key findings, methods, interpretations, and theoretical implications of these articles
• Design and run basic studies for assessing risk and protective factors, evaluating change over time, testing the effects of brief interventions, and evaluating the generality of findings
• Summarize and present findings from research studies to a scientific audience using the conventions for writing psychological research reports outlined in the APA style manual
• Summarize and present findings for a lay audience
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
ARL Psyc 4201W Research Lab in Clinical Community Psych Final Clean.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
One of the new advanced lab courses required by the new Psychology curriculum.
Course Reviewer Comments