The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Apr 24, 2017 by Subrata Kundu (kundu)
STAT 4197 : Fundamentals of SAS Programming for Data Management
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 08:03:13 GMT
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 18:54:56 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Programs referencing this course
Other Courses referencing this course
As A Banner Equivalent:
STAT 6197 : Fundamentals of SAS Programming for Data Management
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
Long Course Title
Fundamentals of SAS Programming for Data Management
Short Course Title
Fundamentals-SAS Prog-Data Mgt
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Joshua Landon, Reza Modarres
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Fundamentals of Statistical Analysis System (SAS) software for data management, statistical analysis, and report writing; data modification, programming, file handling, and macro writing. Students are expected to have knowledge of computer programming and to have completed an introductory statistics course. Credit cannot be earned for both STAT 4197 and STAT 6197.
1. Students will gain an understanding of the SAS language, Base SAS procedures including the structured query language procedure, macro facility, and key aspects of Interactive Matrix Procedure. The specific outcomes are as follows:
2. Students will be able to read raw data into SAS; manipulate, modify, and transform variables; combine, reshape, aggregate, and summarize data.
3. Analyze data and produce reports
4. Use SAS macro facility to reduce code repetition and create modular code and gain familiarity with the Interactive Matrix Procedure
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Two minor changes were made.
1. STAT 1129 requirement was substituted with knowledge in computer programming
2. As STAT 6197 was introduced as a new course which is equivalent to STAT 4197, a line was added stating that "Credit cannot be earned for both STAT 6197 and STAT 4197."
Course Reviewer Comments