The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Jan 11, 2017 by Alex Feldman (alexmf)
PUBH 6451 : Monitoring/Evaluation of Sexual/Reproductive Health Programs in Low- and Middle- Income Countries
Wed, 11 Jan 2017 09:03:04 GMT
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 16:51:51 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Prevention and Community Health
Public Health (PUBH)
Milken Institute School of Public Health
Global Health (GH)
Long Course Title
Monitoring/Evaluation of Sexual/Reproductive Health Programs in Low- and Middle- Income Countries
Short Course Title
M&E of Sex & Repro Health LMIC
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
PUBH 6437, PUBH 6500 and PUBH 6503
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Overview of key sexual and reproductive health challenges in low- and middle-income countries;
designing and measuring programs to address those challenges. Taught from the perspective of
applied researchers working within an organization that implements sexual and reproductive health programs and services.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Discuss core approaches and issues facing LMICs relating to sexual and reproductive health.
2. Apply global policy frameworks and intervention theories to conceptualize and plan sexual and reproductive health programs
3. Develop a situational assessment of a country’s SRH status based on accepted key indicators.
4. Describe a theory of change for a sexual and reproductive health program to be implemented in a low or middle-income country
5. Formulate a logical framework and M&E plan for sexual and reproductive health programs in low and middle-income countries that would meet international donor standards, in line with global policy framework
6. Use data to make programmatic decisions for sexual and reproductive health programs.
7. Respond to the key technical elements of a funder’s request for proposal (RFP) in the SRH field.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Did not bridge previously, copied information from original proposal.
Course Reviewer Comments