The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Oct 27, 2016 by Elisse Brunori (ebrunori)
PUBH 2112 : Principles of Health Education and Health Promotion
Thu, 27 Oct 2016 08:03:54 GMT
Sun, 16 Oct 2016 18:06:32 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Prevention and Community Health
Public Health (PUBH)
Programs referencing this course
PH-BS: Public Health
Milken Institute School of Public Health
Public Health (PUBH)
Long Course Title
Principles of Health Education and Health Promotion
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Social and behavioral theories underlying health promotion program development and evaluation. Practical applications in a variety of domestic and global public health settings. PUBH 1101 may be taken as a corequisite.
Course Objective – Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
• List and explain important heath Education initiatives, i.e. Healthy People 2020.
• Discuss the role evaluation plays in health education/promotion and demonstrate an understanding of the different types of evaluation procedures employed by health educators.
• Demonstrate an understanding of how to obtain and utilize measures of community health needs in class presentations
• Identify conceptual foundations relevant to health promotion.
• Describe and apply the various individual and group health behavioral theories/framework.
• Describe ethical issues of concern to the profession of health education and promotion.
• Articulate the factors that affect health and well-being
• Identify and recognize the value of community, state, federal and non-profit health and education agencies.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments