The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Jun 19, 2017 by Arnold Grossblatt (arnieg)
PSPB 6213 : Book Design
Mon, 19 Jun 2017 08:03:39 GMT
Tue, 30 May 2017 14:15:37 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Master of Professional Studies in the Field of Publishing
Professional Studies Publishing (PSPB)
Programs referencing this course
College of Professional Studies
Professional Studies-Publishing (PSPB)
Long Course Title
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
The book design process and its relationship to editorial, production, and marketing departments; book design components, including typography, composition, page layout, illustrations, photo editing, and printing.
By the end of this course, students will:
- understand the basic structure and architecture of the book
- acquire a understanding of the book design and production process
- have a sense of the fundamentals of typography
- understand how editorial, production, and marketing shape the design process
- be able to discuss and critique various published products (textbooks, e-books, trade books, catalogs, online products, etc.)
- understand the importance of design to the product—both printed and electronic know how to work with book designers
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments
Thu, 11 May 2017 02:02:05 GMT
Rollback: Syllabus should reflect a higher amount of out-of-class time to reflect expectations of a 2-credit course.