The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
May 12, 2017 by Arnold Grossblatt (arnieg)
PSPB 6205 : Copyright Law in Print and Cyberspace
Fri, 12 May 2017 08:03:21 GMT
Mon, 08 May 2017 02:06:28 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Master of Professional Studies in the Field of Publishing
Professional Studies Publishing (PSPB)
Programs referencing this course
College of Professional Studies
Professional Studies-Publishing (PSPB)
Long Course Title
Copyright Law in Print and Cyberspace
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Foundation is U.S. copyright law as it applies to both print and electronic media; the importance of copyright to the publishing field; history and development of copyright law; key concepts including exclusive rights of copyright, fair use, and remedies for infringement.
- An understanding of US Copyright Law basics
- Knowledge of how copyright law developed in the US
- Understanding of how technology has shaped the law
- Understanding of how the political process and economics play a major role
- Understanding of the global impact of copyright
- Ability to conduct legal reseach and to problem-solve by applying the law appropriately to real-world problems and scenarios
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments