Apr 8, 2014 by Halley Petersen-Jobsis (hjobsis)
Mar 26, 2016 by Candice Johnson (candicej)
Aug 23, 2016 by Halley Petersen-Jobsis (hjobsis)
Fri, 07 Jul 2017 14:34:05 GMT
PUBH 6437 : Global Health Program Evaluation
Tue, 23 Aug 2016 08:03:32 GMT
Sat, 13 Aug 2016 22:52:06 GMT
Changes proposed by: edencslone
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Master of Arts in the Field of Global Communication
Master of Arts in the Field of International Development Studies
Prevention and Community Health
Public Health (PUBH)
Programs referencing this course
GC-MA: Global Communication
GEH-MPH: Global Environmental Health
GHP-MPH: Global Health Policy
GHPDME-MPH: Global Health Program Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation
PHN-MPH: Master of Public Health in the Field of Public Health Nutrition
Milken Institute School of Public Health
Public Health (PUBH)
Long Course Title
Global Health Program Evaluation
Short Course Title
GH Program Evaluation
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Fundamentals of program monitoring and evaluation; developing and using program theory in evaluation; impact evaluation and mixed-methods approaches; qualitative methods and statistical analysis for program evaluation.
1. Apply fundamental program monitoring and evaluation concepts, designs, and methods.
2. Develop a comprehensive program theory that will guide the design and implementation of evaluation activities.
3. Develop a theory-based evaluation plan that includes program theory, program indicators, measurement of contextual factors, sampling approach, data collection methods, and analysis plan.
4. Choose evaluation methodologies that will balance real-world limitations on budget, time, and data to generate the most robust evidence possible.
This course is relevant for the following MPH@gwu competencies:
• Conduct core program evaluations and complete an assessment of program outcomes, achievements, impacts and shortcomings. Communicate findings to stakeholders.
• Apply relevant qualitative and quantitative tools and concepts to inform policy analyses for different audiences and topics.
• Develop concise written and oral policy analyses for different audiences; identify the key strategies required to protect and advance health.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
PUBH 6437 @gwu syllabus_Fall 2016.pdf
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments
Thu, 14 Jul 2016 16:50:26 GMT
Credits increased from 2 to 3 credits in accordance with work load/expectations.