SON Sr Associate Dean
Academic Planning and Assessment
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 15:27:05 GMT
Jennifer Hayes-Klosteridis (jhkloste3): Approved for SON Sr Associate Dean
Apr 13, 2017 by mwaring
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 17:47:19 GMT
NURS 8404 : Health Services Research and Policy for Nurses
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 15:51:07 GMT
Wed, 08 Mar 2017 00:01:17 GMT
Changes proposed by: marypearce
Catalog Pages referencing this course
School of Nursing
Programs referencing this course
AGACNP-MSNDNP: Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
DNP: Nursing Practice
NP-MSN: Nursing Practice
School of Nursing
Long Course Title
Health Services Research and Policy for Nurses
Short Course Title
Research & Policy for Nursing
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
The components, institutions, and characteristics of the U.S. health care system; using health services research to assess the impact of health policy on health system performance and nursing practice; formulation of policy-relevant research questions related to nursing; and the role of nurse leaders as change agents within the U.S. health policy environment.
1. Discuss the U.S. health care system and the policymaking process
2. Analyze the impact of policy change on the performance of the U.S. health care system within a cost-quality-access paradigm
3. Identify and critically evaluate health services research for its use and application to policymaking
4. Apply evidence to inform policy-relevant practice change
5. Apply knowledge of the policymaking process and political action to current legislative and regulatory issues
6. Frame nurses and other stakeholders’ roles within the U.S. health policy environment
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
1/25: Requested from Mary Jean Schumann updated syllabus including independent learning statement. gh
Course Reviewer Comments
Fri, 03 Feb 2017 01:40:13 GMT
Rollback: Syllabus needs to include a statement about amount of in and out of class time expected from students. See assignment of credit hour policy: https://provost.gwu.edu/files/downloads/Resources/Assignment-of-Credit-Hours_Final_Oct-2016.pdf
Tue, 07 Mar 2017 17:35:39 GMT
Rollback: Syllabus is missing credit hour and religious holiday statements. Please resubmit with updated syllabus.