The evolution of organizations in terms of social context and the present-day systems environment. Emerging roles of leadership, communication, and employer–employee relationships. Organizational models are used to develop strategic thinking about career and life roles.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Describe various theories of organizations, their characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses.
• Identify what differentiates various types of organizations.
• Analyze how organizations come to be the way they are, including the factors, pressures, and historical influences that shape them.
• Describe the basic language and concepts of the modern organization.
• Develop research, writing and oral communication skills through application, analysis, presentations, and assignments.