The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Apr 18, 2016 by Joe Velez (velezjd)
Aug 15, 2017 by Mary Pearce (marypearce)
NURS 3114 : Advanced Adult Medical-Surgical Nursing
Tue, 15 Aug 2017 08:02:48 GMT
Sun, 06 Aug 2017 16:39:35 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
School of Nursing
Programs referencing this course
School of Nursing
Long Course Title
Advanced Adult Medical-Surgical Nursing
Short Course Title
Advanaced Adult Med-Surg
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
NURS 3110W, NURS 3111, NURS 3112, NURS 3113 and NURS 3118
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Safe, evidence-based, professional, and holistic nursing care related to the management of clients with advanced medical and surgical needs in a hospital environment.
1. Organize a plan of care using the nursing process for individuals and families experiencing complex pathophysiological conditions.
2. Analyze the healthcare environment to promote health and safety, reduce risk for injury, and prevent disease for individuals and families experiencing complex pathophysiological conditions.
3. Prioritize care of individuals and families experiencing complex pathophysiological conditions.
4. Prioritize and delegate nursing interventions according to the clinical usefulness, significance, possible complications, and nursing responsibilities for individuals and families experiencing complex pathophysiological conditions.
5. Describe advocacy strategies for clients in the healthcare setting.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the socio-cultural, legal, ethical, and age related issues associated with the nursing management of medical and surgical patients.
7. Apply research and evidence to professional nursing practice.
8. Demonstrate ability to provide patient education for improved outcomes.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Final_Nurs 3114 NPCR II (didactic).docx
NURS 3114 Syllabus -Spring 2016.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments