The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Apr 14, 2017 by Alex Feldman (alexmf)
MLS 4161 : Clinical Biochemistry Practicum
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 08:04:26 GMT
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 20:21:12 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Medical Laboratory Science (MLS)
Programs referencing this course
CMLS-MINOR: Chemistry for Medical Laboratory Science
CMLS-UC: Chemistry for Medical Laboratory Science
MLS-BSHS: Medical Laboratory Science
MLS-UC: Medical Laboratory Science
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Integrated Health Sciences (IHS)
Long Course Title
Clinical Biochemistry Practicum
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Field Work (Internship)
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
This course uses a remote proctor service
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Application of the medical knowledge and clinical skills gained in the didactic clinical biochemistry I and clinical biochemistry II courses. Proctor fee.
1. Develop skill in obtaining accurate and reliable test results on a variety of patient urine and body fluid samples.
2. Develop and expand upon capabilities generating differential diagnoses based on laboratory data.
3. Develop the ability, with supervision, to:
a. Recommend appropriate laboratory tests for each patient sample.
b. Assess lab data errors and determine a strategy for trouble shooting
c. Report lab results and document results in the laboratory information system.
4. Develop and expand upon communication skills with peers and other professionals in the health care environment.
5. Demonstrate skills needed to search, interpret, and evaluate laboratory results in relation to differential diagnoses and determine additional tests needed.
6. Pursue opportunities to foster inter-professional understanding and collaboration.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
CLS 4161_Clin Biochemistry Practicum.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments
Wed, 15 Feb 2017 16:50:27 GMT
Rollback: Admin rollback, workflow change