A student successfully completing this course will be able to
• understand the notions of limit, continuity, differentiation, integration;
• be able to compute limits, derivatives, and evaluate integrals;
• optimize functions both with and without constraints;
• understand the main theorems in Calculus I, such as the mean value theorem, the extreme value theorem, the fundamental theorem of calculus, as well as standard theorems on limits, continuity, differentiability, and integration;
• apply calculus to various problems in physics and economics.