The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Apr 13, 2016 by cladmin-dscudiero
Jul 18, 2017 by Eden Slone (edencslone)
ARTH 6241 : Assessment Procedures
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 08:02:45 GMT
Fri, 14 Jul 2017 13:33:55 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Art Therapy (ARTH)
Programs referencing this course
ARTH-MA: Art Therapy
ATP-MA: Art Therapy Practice
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
Art Therapy (ARTH)
Long Course Title
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the art therapy program
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Instruments and procedures used in assessment of psychological health and psychopathology; diagnostic and developmental criteria as manifested in artwork and art-making; statistical concepts, including reliability and validity; selection and administration of assessment tools; treatment planning; report writing.
As a result of completing this course, through participation in experiential, assigned readings, class discussion, graded assignments and tests, students will:
1. Know the role assessments and art therapy instruments in a variety of clinical settings, and the ethical, clinical and cultural concepts relating to them;
2. Compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of assessments as they pertain to different client populations;
3. Apply skill in administering assessments, thinking critically about the assessment session, conducting the subsequent analysis, and completing the assessment report;
4. Demonstrate ability to present an assessment series and discuss treatment planning based on the assessments and understanding of a client;
5. Demonstrate knowledge of how various assessments are used to clarify and reflect psychological diagnoses.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
ARTH 624110 Assessment Betts.doc
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments