The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Mar 27, 2017 by Patti Plaza (pplaza)
HLWL 1117 : Lifetime Fitness
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:03:23 GMT
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:50:29 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Health and Wellness (HLWL)
Milken Institute School of Public Health
Exercise and Nutrition Sciences (EXNS)
Long Course Title
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Core elements of personal fitness as applied to daily life. Emphasis on the development of functional fitness skills that can be practiced both in and out of the classroom.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the physiological benefits of physical activity
• Identify the health-related and skill-related components of physical fitness
• Define principles involved in increasing and maintaining physical fitness
• Demonstrate an understanding of the evaluation of physical fitness
• Identify factors involved in the prevention of injuries
• Apply essential concepts in nutrition to a fit and healthy lifestyle
• Demonstrate an understanding of the role exercise plays in weight management and the prevention of chronic disease
• Define the dimensions of wellness as part of a healthy lifestyle
• Design a fitness program to improve one’s level of physical fitness based on current standards
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
HLWL 1117 - Functional Fitness.doc
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Sustainability Track B
Revise course title.
NOTE: Department name was changed to Exercise and Nutrition Science. All HLWL courses should be updated.
Note: References a Health and Wellness minor that does not exist. This is an elective for Undergraduate students, within and outside of the School of PH.
Course Reviewer Comments