The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Sep 21, 2015 by emauro
AH 6215 : Seminar in Medieval Art and Architecture
Mon, 21 Sep 2015 08:47:25 GMT
Mon, 08 Jun 2015 15:28:17 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Art History (AH)
Programs referencing this course
AH-MA: Art History
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
Art/Art History (AH)
Long Course Title
Seminar in Medieval Art and Architecture
Short Course Title
Sem: Medieval Art & Arch
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Topic announced in the Schedule of Classes. May be repeated for credit provided the topic differs.
for this particular topic ---
- Insight into the cultural, political and religious attitudes to figural representations in the Muslim
- Comprehend and appreciate the innovative transformations of religion and religious visual
culture into displays of power and universal order.
- Gain deeper understanding of the relationship between Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
- Become a critical thinker and develop a historical and an art historical mind.
- Use a variety of primary sources and material culture.
- Critical reading of texts (primary sources and modern scholarship).
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
AH 6215 Natif sample.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
CCAS - GCR: Humanities
removing "proseminar" from course title
Course Reviewer Comments
Mon, 08 Jun 2015 15:28:18 GMT
Rollback: Please phrase learning objectives as described at https://assessment.gwu.edu/course-assessment: "On completing this course students will be able to do XX to or about YY"