The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Atomic structure and properties; stoichiometry; gas, liquid, and solid state; chemical bonding; solutions; chemical kinetics and equilibria; thermodynamics; acids and bases; electrochemistry; descriptive chemistry. Laboratory fee.
At the end of the course students will be able to:
Demonstrate knowledge of paper chromatography techniques, titration, identification of unknown ions, mass percent determination, Lewis structures, enthalpy of reactions, spectrochemical analysis, and gas stoichiometry.
• Know and use the proper procedures for safe handling and use of chemicals. Follow proper procedures for handling chemical waste.
• Demonstrate proper laboratory safety.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the use of modern instrumentation such as a spectrophotometer and an analytical balance.
• Analyze data to reflect the precision and accuracy of the experimental procedure.
• Summarize and communicate the results of your work to chemists and non-chemists.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
CCAS - GCR: Natural Sciences
Gen Ed: Nat or Phys Sci
ESIA-Math / Science
HONR-Sci Reasoning & Discovery