The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Apr 13, 2017 by Arnold Grossblatt (arnieg)
PSPB 6256 : E-Publishing Technologies And Standards
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 16:07:24 GMT
Thu, 06 Apr 2017 19:20:33 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Master of Professional Studies in the Field of Publishing
Professional Studies Publishing (PSPB)
Other Courses referencing this course
In The Catalog Prerequisites:
PSPB 6259 : E-Publishing Tools
College of Professional Studies
Professional Studies-Publishing (PSPB)
Long Course Title
E-Publishing Technologies And Standards
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the MPS in publishing program
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Overview of current and emerging content technologies; software and hardware components of a typical publishing system, the enabling standards, and publishing systems architecture.
At completion of this course students will be able to:
- Apply content markup languages, including HTML, CSS and XML to a variety of content sets
- Use CSS to style HTML documents
- Develop, deploy and maintain websites
- Participate in the management of a publishing project
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues using online tools
- Specify requirements for creating accessible digital content
- Develop a personal publishing workflow
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments