The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Apr 13, 2017 by Arnold Grossblatt (arnieg)
PSPB 6259 : E-Publishing Tools
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 16:07:14 GMT
Thu, 06 Apr 2017 20:55:33 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Master of Professional Studies in the Field of Publishing
Professional Studies Publishing (PSPB)
College of Professional Studies
Professional Studies-Publishing (PSPB)
Long Course Title
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
PSPB 6251; and PSPB 6255 or PSPB 6256
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Practical experience with popular e-publishing tools. Builds upon material covered in PSPB 6255 and assumes basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML.
At the conclusion of the course students will:
- Understand tradeoffs between proprietary systems and standards-based systems for creating e-publications.
- Understand the range of software for creating and managing e-publications
- Have the ability to create basic layouts for print books, magazines and e-books
- Understand how to create accessible publications
- Have experience with workflow systems
- Understand the role and operation of a Digital Asset Management System
- Understand the role of XML in publishing workflows
- Learn about the application of CSS to e-books
- Apply design standards for typography
- Be able to create fixed layout and re-flowable publications
- Understand the process and choices in creating print publications
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments