The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Jun 16, 2017 by Elisse Brunori (ebrunori)
HSML 6290 : Health IT Project Management
Fri, 16 Jun 2017 08:03:54 GMT
Tue, 02 May 2017 14:54:07 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Health Services Management and Leadership (HSML)
Programs referencing this course
MHIA-MS: Management of Health Informatics and Analytics
Milken Institute School of Public Health
Health Policy and Management (HPM)
Long Course Title
Health IT Project Management
Short Course Title
HIT Project Management
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the MS in management of health informatics and analytics program
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Overview of the various knowledge areas of IT project management with a focus on health; fundamental principles and concepts; implementation; improving quality, productivity, and satisfaction.
• Discuss the different stakeholders and varying roles in IT Project Management
• Describe the strengths that the discipline of IT Project Management can bring to an organization
• Define the 10 different knowledge areas of IT Project Management and its principles
• Apply the knowledge areas of IT Project Management and its principles to Health IT implementations
• Explain the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from feasibility to project closeout
• Compare and delineate Project Management from the SDLC continuum
• Demonstrate how technology is implemented into healthcare settings
• Plan projects effectively to meet healthcare organizational and strategic objectives
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
HSML 6290 Health IT Proj Mgt- MHIAIA Mod 3.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course for the MHIA@GW program- Module 3
Course Reviewer Comments