The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Apr 27, 2017 by Elisse Brunori (ebrunori)
PUBH 6061 : MPH@GW Culminating Experience II
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 08:03:50 GMT
Wed, 08 Mar 2017 00:09:47 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Prevention and Community Health
Public Health (PUBH)
Programs referencing this course
Other Courses referencing this course
In The Catalog Description:
PUBH 6060 : MPH@GW Culminating Experience I
Milken Institute School of Public Health
Public Health (PUBH)
Long Course Title
MPH@GW Culminating Experience II
Short Course Title
MPH@GW CE Part II
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Credit/No Credit Mode
Repeatable for Credit?
PUBH 6001, PUBH 6002, PUBH 6003, PUBH 6004, PUBH 6006 and PUBH 6007
PUBH 6060 - MPH@GW Culminating Experience I
PUBH 6014 - Practicum
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Students integrate and apply the skills, knowledge, theories, principles and methods of public health practice to a public health issue. Corequisites: PUBH 6014 and PUBH 6060.
• Integrate knowledge, skills, and public health theory/practice gained from academic program through an independently designed culminating project.
• Design a culminating experience that will highlight proficiencies in core public health domains, including community needs assessments; program planning, monitoring, and evaluation; prevention and education intervention design; marketing and communication campaigns, and other areas of public health practice.
• Demonstrate mastery in research methods (qualitative, quantitative, and/or mixed methods) through a critical analysis of research, project design and/or data analysis.
• Communicate mastery of the concentration competencies and ASPH competencies in a professional presentation.
• Demonstrate the ability to synthesize and integrate knowledge from course work, literature review, and community-based activities in a written final culminating experience report.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
PubH_6061_CE online Part 2 Feb17.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
The Culminating Experience is already a part of the MPH program. The MPH@GW program has broken out the 2 credit CE course to 2 separate, 1 credit each courses, to be offered consecutively (i.e- fall/spring or spring 1/spring 2) PUBH 6061 and PUBH 6062 fulfill the required two part CE.
Course Reviewer Comments