The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Apr 13, 2017 by Siobhan Rigg (srigg)
CPR 3701 : Collagraph and Mixed-Media Printmaking
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 15:54:27 GMT
Thu, 06 Apr 2017 15:53:59 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Corcoran Printmaking (CPR)
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
Corcoran School of the Arts and Design (CCAD)
Long Course Title
Collagraph and Mixed-Media Printmaking
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Production of multiple print editions using collaged and mixed-media collagraph printmaking techniques.
• Create a body of work of inventive and technically proficient prints.
• Gain a solid foundation and growing proficiency with collagraph printmaking techniques.
• Practice proper collagraph printing techniques on both Vandercook and etching press equipment.
• Develop a sound primary understanding of collagraph techniques and the confidence to play and create new ways of combining various printmaking methods and materials.
• Practice self-evaluation through self-assessment of one’s own artwork over the course of the semester.
• Practice the ability to use collagraph printmaking techniques in combination with other contemporary art mediums in and outside that of printmaking.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
CPR 3701 Collagraph and Mixed‐Media Printmaking Example Syllabus.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
This seems to be moving forward in two places....
Lisa Lipinkski added it also as CPR 3371 : The Art of Collagraph and Mixed-Media Printmaking.
Please use this record, as the proposed number corresponds with new numbering system under development for studio arts and it matches the graduate level submission CPR 6701
Course Reviewer Comments