The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Feb 2, 2017 by mwaring
NURS 6288 : Influencing Health Care Regulatory Policy
Thu, 02 Feb 2017 09:02:57 GMT
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:02:20 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
School of Nursing
Programs referencing this course
HPME-GC: Graduate Certificate in Health Policy and Media Engagement
School of Nursing
Long Course Title
Influencing Health Care Regulatory Policy
Short Course Title
Influencing HealthCare Regulat
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
NURS 6285 and NURS 6286
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Analysis of rulemaking and regulatory processes that have an impact on health-related issues; workforce scopes of practice; public safety; and roles and influence of federal agencies and private organizations charged with implementing legislation.
1) Compare and contrast passed legislative language with proposed or final rules enforcing
implementation of a law.
2) Prepare an analysis of one or more proposed federal rules with implications for nurses,
other health professionals, and consumers.
3) Prepare written public comment for submission regarding one or more proposed federal
rules to include substantial rationale.
4) Develop written/oral testimony for one or more local, state or federal hearings on a health
related policy issue.
5) Prepare analysis of a relevant final health rule to be shared with colleagues that includes
implications for nursing practice, consumers and other relevant stakeholders.
6) Apply knowledge of the appointments process and appropriate board representative
behavior to gain a seat in a committee or board and engage in decision-making/policy/
7) Develop evidence-based contributions to engage meaningfully in a health policy blog.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Policy Certificate NURS 6288 Influencing Healthcare Regulatory Policy Approved.pdf
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments