The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Mar 7, 2017 by mwaring
NURS 6287 : Policy and Politics of Health Care Financing and Reimbursement
Tue, 07 Mar 2017 09:04:28 GMT
Sun, 05 Mar 2017 02:52:34 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
School of Nursing
Programs referencing this course
HPME-GC: Graduate Certificate in Health Policy and Media Engagement
Other Courses referencing this course
In The Catalog Prerequisites:
NURS 6289 : Influencing Health Care Legislative Policy
School of Nursing
Long Course Title
Policy and Politics of Health Care Financing and Reimbursement
Short Course Title
Poltics Financing and Reimburs
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
NURS 6285 and NURS 6286
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Perspectives on health care financing and reimbursement; the role of health professionals; direct and indirect influences of current health policies and reimbursement on cost, quality, access, and patient experience of care.
1) Analyze and contrast common financing and reimbursement models in health care (both
within and outside the U.S.).
2) Apply lessons learned from past and present health care financing models to current and
proposed new models of financing and reimbursement to identify how different policies
have or are likely to impact the quality and cost of care and patient experience.
3) Articulate how volume and complexity of services provided, quality of care, physician and
nursing compensation, and workforce issues are influenced by financing and
4) Discuss the relationship between quality of care measurement and various types of
5) Analyze at least one piece of currently proposed legislation using knowledge of financial
and reimbursement models.
6) Develop recommendations for change based on analysis of a current health care
financing or reimbursement model.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Policy and Politics of Health Care Financing and Reimbursement Syllabus_ Spring 2018 feb 22 edited.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments
Fri, 03 Feb 2017 01:36:58 GMT
Rollback: The syllabus needs to include a statement about the amount of time students will spend preparing for the course. See assignment of credit hour policy: https://provost.gwu.edu/files/downloads/Resources/Assignment-of-Credit-Hours_Final_Oct-2016.pdf