SON Sr Associate Dean
Academic Planning and Assessment
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 15:27:57 GMT
Jennifer Hayes-Klosteridis (jhkloste3): Approved for SON Sr Associate Dean
Mar 17, 2017 by Alex Feldman (alexmf)
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:06:30 GMT
NURS 8416 : Entrepreneurship for Nurse Leaders
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 08:03:18 GMT
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 20:49:48 GMT
Changes proposed by: marypearce
Catalog Pages referencing this course
School of Nursing
School of Nursing
Long Course Title
Entrepreneurship for Nurse Leaders
Short Course Title
Entrepreneurship Nurse Leaders
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Kate Malliarakis, PhD, ANP-BC, MAC, FAAN
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Concepts and methods of the entrepreneurial process for the nursing professional; the initial step of identifying and exploring an issue through pitching a final product.
1. Develop entrepreneurial idea.
2. Examine user feedback to improve the idea and/or product.
3. Create a workable system or product from an idea.
4. Deliver a compelling pitch for the implementation of the product or system.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
NURS 8416 Entrepreneurship for Nurse Leaders Approved.pdf
NURS 8416 Entrepreneurship for Nurse Leaders Approved - New Template Elements Added.doc
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
• Entrepreneurship for Nurse Leaders explores provides an approach to develop entrepreneurial skills.
• Entrepreneurship for Nurse Leaders asks students to develop a problem and pitch to address to address the solution to the problem.
• Entrepreneurship for Nurse Leaders asks students to develop an entrepreneurial idea, examine feedback to improve the idea or product, and deliver a compelling pitch for the implementation of the product or system.
• Entrepreneurship for Nurse Leaders develops a pitch for change to a problem.
Course Reviewer Comments
Fri, 03 Feb 2017 01:42:35 GMT
Rollback: The syllabus needs a statement about the amount of time students are expected to spend on the course. See assignment of credit hour policy: https://provost.gwu.edu/files/downloads/Resources/Assignment-of-Credit-Hours_Final_Oct-2016.pdf
Sat, 04 Feb 2017 16:13:10 GMT
Rollback: per school request for further editing
Mon, 06 Feb 2017 21:47:59 GMT
Rollback: Issue with workflow, admin rollback
Tue, 07 Feb 2017 15:33:02 GMT
Rollback: Admin rollback, workflow changes