The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Jul 11, 2017 by Siobhan Rigg (srigg)
CPR 6701 : Collagraph and Mixed‐Media Printmaking
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 08:03:57 GMT
Tue, 20 Jun 2017 21:05:50 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Corcoran Printmaking (CPR)
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
Corcoran School of the Arts and Design (CCAD)
Long Course Title
Collagraph and Mixed‐Media Printmaking
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Collaged and mixed-media collagraph printmaking techniques, including silk organza collagraphs, sandrographs for the Vandercook press, traditional collaged collagraph plates and paper prints. Production of multiple print editions; technical skills.
1. Gain a solid foundation and growing proficiency with collagraph printmaking techniques.
2. Understand proper use of both intaglio and relief printing techniques on both a Vandercook and etching press.
3. Have a sound primary understanding of collagraph techniques and the confidence to play with various printmaking methods and materials.
4. Encourage self-‐awareness through self-‐assessment of one’s own artwork over the course of the semester.
5. Have the ability to use collagraph printmaking techniques in combination with other contemporary art mediums in and outside that of printmaking.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
CPR 6701 Collagraph and Mixed‐Media Printmaking Example Syllabus.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments
Mon, 30 Jan 2017 03:20:14 GMT
Rollback: Course numbers must be numeric. Wildcards are not permitted.