The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Jan 9, 2017 by Chris Dietrich (ccd)
SEHD 8998 : Pre-Dissertation Seminar
Mon, 09 Jan 2017 09:01:27 GMT
Fri, 06 Jan 2017 18:55:13 GMT
Graduate School of Education and Human Development
School of Education and Human Development (SEHD)
Long Course Title
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Credit/No Credit Mode
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
CNSL 8998 - Predissertation Seminar
EDUC 8998 - Pre-Dissertation Seminar
HOL 8998 - Predissertation Seminar
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Required of all GSEHD doctoral candidates. Approval of the dissertation research proposal by the dissertation committee is necessary for successful completion of the seminar. Permission of the instructor is required prior to enrollment.
• Awareness of the expectations of GW and GSEHD for the research product that is to be produced during the dissertation process.
• Strategies are developed and resources identified to assist in thinking through problems
• Application of scholarly skills, which indicate that the candidate is able to move beyond the contribution of other scholars. The candidate proposes a research project that will make an original contribution to a body of knowledge.
• In consultation with the dissertation chair a dissertation committee will be formed.
• The dissertation proposal will be defended.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
GSHED syllabus is not produced for this course type.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments