The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Nov 18, 2016 by Catherine Golden (cagw)
EHS 3107 : Financial Management for the Disaster Cycle
Fri, 18 Nov 2016 09:04:47 GMT
Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:10:36 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Emergency Health Services (EHS)
Programs referencing this course
: Global Leadership in Disaster Response
GLDR-BSHS: Global Leadership in Disaster Response
LEADR-BSHS: Leadership for Emergency Action and Disaster Response
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Clinical Research and Leadership (CRL)
Long Course Title
Financial Management for the Disaster Cycle
Short Course Title
Financial Mgmt/Disaster Cycle
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the health sciences program or with the instructor's permission
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
CML 2142 - Financial Management in the Health Sciences
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Financial management, budgeting, and grants management in the emergency response and preparedness arenas.
1. Discuss the purpose of the budgeting process and the role of the organization’s budget at each stage of the disaster cycle.
2. Demonstrate how knowledge of costs can be used to redesign organizational tasks and enhance organizational performance.
3. Analyze the role of external financing and grants management in organizational survival and growth.
4. Compare financial management operations during conventional and emergency scenarios.
5. Compare the approval and authority processes required to access special funds marked for emergency and disaster situations.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
EHS 3107 Financial Management for the Disaster Cycle.doc
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments