The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Nov 18, 2016 by Catherine Golden (cagw)
EHS 3105 : Integrated Response to High Impact Violent Incidents
Fri, 18 Nov 2016 09:05:24 GMT
Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:08:16 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Emergency Health Services (EHS)
Programs referencing this course
CHS-BSHS: Clinical Health Sciences
: Global Leadership in Disaster Response
GLDR-BSHS: Global Leadership in Disaster Response
LEADR-BSHS: Leadership for Emergency Action and Disaster Response
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Clinical Research and Leadership (CRL)
Long Course Title
Integrated Response to High Impact Violent Incidents
Short Course Title
Response/High Impact Incidents
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the health sciences program or with the instructor's permission
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Examination of resources and response strategies needed to mitigate high impact, violent incidents involving an ongoing threat; evaluation of multiagency and multidiscipline integrated operations, mass casualty events, and terrorism.
1. Describe the elements of and unique circumstances faced by responders during high threat and active violence incidents.
2. Discuss adaptive challenges that planners and responders face during high threat incidents.
3. Identify the importance of, integrated discipline, tiered capabilities, outside assistance, and regionalization for medical capabilities.
4. Apply principles of Tactical Emergency Casualty Care for the whole community during high threat incidents.
5. Diagram the role of responders and health care personnel in high-impact incidents.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
EHS 3105 Integrated Response to High Impact Violent Incidents.doc
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments