The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Dec 20, 2016 by Joe Velez (velezjd)
NURS 6290 : Global Health for Health Care Professionals
Tue, 20 Dec 2016 09:01:28 GMT
Mon, 28 Nov 2016 20:34:34 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
School of Nursing
Programs referencing this course
RN-BSN: Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
School of Nursing
Long Course Title
Global Health for Health Care Professionals
Short Course Title
Global Health for HC Prof
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Global health problems and issues from an interdisciplinary perspective; social determinants of health, health disparities, disease burden measurement and trends; possible policy solutions; and key ethical and human rights concerns.
1. Describe selected global health problems, and challenges and their impact on the health of individuals and communities.
2. Identify possible policy strategies to address selected global health problems and challenges.
3. Analyze specific global health issues, such as social determinants of health, health disparities, disease burden measurement and trends.
4. Analyze key ethical and human rights concerns as they relate to global health.
5. Compare and contrast global health care systems, organization and functions in addressing current global health challenges.
6. Develop inter-professional, evidence-based interventions to address major global health challenges in selected populations.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
NURS 6290 Global Health for Healthcare Professionals Elective.doc
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Course Reviewer Comments