The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Nov 21, 2016 by Mary Corcoran (corcoran)
THS 8127 : Systematic Reviews of Healthcare Innovations
Mon, 21 Nov 2016 09:05:26 GMT
Fri, 18 Nov 2016 03:28:41 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Translational Health Sciences (THS)
Programs referencing this course
THS-PHD: Translational Health Sciences
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Clinical Research and Leadership (CRL)
Long Course Title
Systematic Reviews of Healthcare Innovations
Short Course Title
Sys Rev of Healthcare Innov
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the PhD in translational health sciences program or with the instructor's approval
Repeatable for Credit?
experience in quantitative research design
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Students refine skills in developing a systematic review of the literature for healthcare innovations, including interventions, educational programs, and products.
1. Describe the key features of a systematic review.
2. Create a plan for conducting a systematic review.
3. Efficiently search and select literature for inclusion in the systematic review.
4. Synthesize results from the literature to generate valid conclusions regarding the state of evidence for a clinical question.
5. Communicate evidence in a professional manner.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
Systematic Review Syllabus Jun 2016.pdf
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Only course on systematic review focused exclusively on translational health sciences.
Course Reviewer Comments