The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Aug 29, 2016 by Catherine Golden (cagw)
THS 8123 : Qualitative Methods in Translational Health Sciences
Mon, 29 Aug 2016 08:06:53 GMT
Sun, 14 Aug 2016 17:33:16 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Translational Health Sciences (THS)
Programs referencing this course
THS-PHD: Translational Health Sciences
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Clinical Research and Leadership (CRL)
Long Course Title
Qualitative Methods in Translational Health Sciences
Short Course Title
Qualitative Methods in THS
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the PhD in translational health sciences degree program in good standing or with instructor's permission
Repeatable for Credit?
Dr. Leslie Davidson, Dr. Catherine Golden
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Qualitative methods and designs applicable to translational health science research problems; qualitative epistemology, methods, data collection, and data analysis.
As a result of completing this course, students will be able to:
1. Analyze ethical considerations and implications in qualitative research.
2. Compare ideological and theoretical perspectives and their implications for qualitative research approaches.
3. Apply qualitative epistemology and related methods to educational and practice research.
4. Design research questions and pilot study using qualitative methods.
5. Conduct a pilot study using qualitative approaches.
6. Plan a dissemination process for qualitative findings.
7. Appraise the role of constructivist and interpretive methods in translational health sciences.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
THS 8123 Qualitative _Revised for CC.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Qualitative research methods specific to translational health sciences research questions and projects
Course Reviewer Comments