The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Sep 30, 2016 by Catherine Golden (cagw)
THS 8107 : Program Theory and Health Innovations
Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:05:40 GMT
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 02:39:59 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Translational Health Sciences (THS)
Programs referencing this course
THS-PHD: Translational Health Sciences
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Clinical Research and Leadership (CRL)
Long Course Title
Program Theory and Health Innovations
Short Course Title
Program Theory/Health Innov
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the PhD in translational health sciences degree program in good standing or with instructor's permission
Repeatable for Credit?
Dr. Mary A Corcoran; Dr. Joyce Maring
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
OT 8274 - Program Theory and Health Innovations
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Program theory as the basis for designing health and educational innovations that can be tested using scientific methods, replicated in practice, and used to inform policy.
1. Synthesize evidence to inform decisions about potentially beneficial health and educational innovations
2. Engage stakeholders in design and review of health and educational innovations
3. Design a health or educational program specifying program components, including inputs, outputs, outcomes and dissemination strategies
4. Apply principles of treatment fidelity to health and educational program development and evaluation
5. Design processes to ensure the ethically sound conduct of innovations in health and education
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
THS 8107 Program Theory and Health Innovations_Revised for CC.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
Uniquely applies program theory to translational health sciences programs at a doctoral level
Course Reviewer Comments