The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Aug 29, 2016 by Elisse Brunori (ebrunori)
PUBH 6058 : Researching Violence Against Women and Girls
Mon, 29 Aug 2016 08:03:11 GMT
Sat, 13 Aug 2016 22:24:11 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Prevention and Community Health
Public Health (PUBH)
Milken Institute School of Public Health
Public Health (PUBH)
Long Course Title
Researching Violence Against Women and Girls
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
Repeatable for Credit?
PUBH 6001, PUBH 6002, PUBH 6003, PUBH 6004, PUBH 6006, and PUBH 6007
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
The intersection of violence against women and girls (VAWG) and public health; the impact that violence has on the health of the survivor, her current and future children, and communities; methods and best practices for designing applied research on VAWG.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to
• Discuss with critical understanding the issue of gender and violence against women and girls (VAWG);
• Describe the intersection of VAWG and public health, human rights, and broader development issues;
• Discuss current research, core literature, and innovative programs related to VAWG;
• Develop a full protocol to conduct mixed-methods research on VAWG in an ethical and methodologically rigorous manner;
• Collaborate in teams to develop innovative solutions to address the complexities and challenges of conducting VAWG research;
• Apply previously obtained epidemiological skills to VAWG research;
• Design monitoring and evaluation frameworks and incorporate them into interventions designed to prevent or respond to VAWG;
• Describe approaches to effectively translate research into action and advocacy; and
• Present proposed research methods on VAWG.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
PUBH 6058 VAWG MPH@GW 2016.rtf
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
New online elective course.
Course Reviewer Comments