The CIM Courses system will be down temporarily undergoing routine maintenance.
Sep 30, 2016 by Catherine Golden (cagw)
THS 8109 : Implementation Science and Innovation Leadership
Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:03:47 GMT
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 02:47:25 GMT
Catalog Pages referencing this course
Translational Health Sciences (THS)
Programs referencing this course
THS-PHD: Translational Health Sciences
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Clinical Research and Leadership (CRL)
Long Course Title
Implementation Science and Innovation Leadership
Short Course Title
Number of Credits
Default Grading Method
students in the PhD in translational health sciences degree program in good standing or with instructor's permission
Repeatable for Credit?
Dr. Paige McDonald
Frequency of Offering
Are there Course Equivalents?
Are Fees Applicable?
Explanation and Description of Fees
Are Additional Resources Required?
Explanation of Additional Resources
Justification for Additional Resources
Describe any Sources of Additional Funding
Introduction to implementation science, the study of processes affecting uptake of evidence into healthcare, with emphasis on innovation leadership for systemic change.
As a result of completing this course, students will be able to:
1. Analyze factors that limit or support the translation of evidence from efficacy studies to routine healthcare and policy
2. Dissect the literature for methods and outcomes used in implementation studies
3. Evaluate influences on professional and organizational behavior affecting adoption of change within and across multiple stakeholders in a complex health system.
4. Apply theories, models and frameworks commonly used in implementation science and change leadership to case studies involving complex health systems.
5. Propose a system level innovation or change intervention for quality improvement in complex healthcare system.
Uploaded a Course Syllabus
THS 8109 IDS and Innovation Leadership_Revised for CC.docx
Explanation of how the course differs from similar GW courses
This course focuses on strategies for quality care improvement from a translational health sciences perspective
Course Reviewer Comments
Wed, 15 Jul 2015 23:25:08 GMT
Added course restriction.
Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:04:14 GMT
Rollback: For syllabus review per Catherine Golden's request.