Combined Programs, Political Science
The bachelor of arts with a major in political science may be taken as a combined degree with the following seven master's programs:
- Master of Arts in the field of political science
- Master of Arts in the field of legal institutions and theory
- Master of Professional Studies in the field of legislative affairs
- Master of Professional Studies in the field of political management
- Master of Public Policy (available only to majors in the public policy focus)
- Master of Public Administration
The program allows students to take a specified number of graduate credits as part of their undergraduate degree, thereby decreasing the number of credits normally required for the master's degree.
Departmental majors who are interested in pursuing a combined bachelor's/master's program should consult the undergraduate program advisor at the beginning of their junior year (after completing 60 credits at GW).
The combined degree program leading to the master of arts in the field of political science is available only to students who qualify for Special Honors. Interested students should consult the undergraduate program advisor as soon as possible in order to select courses appropriately.
Visit the Department of Political Science website for additional information.